A simple WordPress plugin for configuring a site to use a SMTP server to send email instead of the default PHP mail function.
Why is this necessary?
When working in a development environment more than likely the PHP mail function is not going to work. I found that most of the SMTP plugins available on WordPress.org do way too much. This plugin does one thing and one thing only… Sends WordPress email using SMTP.
You can now easily test your forms in dev without installing a mail server!
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.3
- Added a debug option
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.1.1
- Replaced all PHP short tags
- text-domain fix
- Changed permissions from administrator to manage_options
- Added options page link on plugins page
- Updated the description
- Initial commit